HSDPA is now beginning to make market inroads worldwide, with 29 commercial launches as of June 2006, and at least a further 32 live networks expected by the end of 2006. Visiongain expects accelerated momentum in 2007 onwards as the benefits of HSDPA lure investments from 3G operators. How are HSDPA services priced and how does this compare to other broadband offerings? What is the device timeline for HSDPA and what effect will it have on deployments? This report will tell you.
Mobile operators plan to deploy HSDPA in an effort to offer users a true mobile broadband experience and compete more effectively with DSL service providers. HSDPA will enable these operators to provide advanced multimedia and content services, and in the process deliver on the promise of 3G. However, while HSDPA upgrades are a logical course of action for most operators, we warn that operators should still carefully evaluate their strategies with this technology and recognise its limitations – HSDPA does not come without risks. What factors need to be taken into account with HSDPA deployments? Purchase this report to find out.
This strategic 50-page report provides an update on the status of HSDPA worldwide, examining the opportunities of HSDPA for operators, vendors and consumers. The report details the HSDPA deployment schedules of operators in different regions, and discusses the evolution of high-speed data beyond HSDPA. HSDPA's positioning with DSL, WiMAX and other BWA solutions is also analysed. In addition, it highlights currently available HSDPA devices and handset roadmaps, as well as key issues and challenges for mobile operators looking to launch HSDPA services.
The report answers questions such as:
- What are the typical strategies for deployment?
- What lessons can be learned from existing HSDPA launches?
- When will HSDPA handsets arrive in volume and what effect will ASPs have on service uptake?
- What costs does HSDPA entail and what should operators consider when deciding on their business plan?
- Which applications will benefit most from HSDPA?
- What is necessary to ensure that HSDPA improves the user experience?
Why you should buy this report
- Mobile operators – Discover the realities behind HSDPA and what it can and cannot deliver. Find out how to best target HSDPA services and what percentage of handsets will be HSDPA-enabled by 2011. This report will help you effectively position your HSDPA offering.
- Handset makers – Learn about operators’ deployment plans. Be informed on new IC vendor solutions making their way to the market. Gain insight into how devices can be optimised for HSDPA.
- DSL and other broadband providers – Find out how HSDPA services will affect your market dynamics and business model. Learn how you can best respond to these new services.